Friday, April 27, 2012

100 Days of Discipline - 1

Matthew 1

Scripture: Matthew 1:20 ... fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Observation:  My heart aches for Mary in this passage.  She could have been abandoned with child and scorned but God knew what he was doing and gave her a man that took her in "despite" her circumstances.  I cannot imagine her fear and the palpitations of her heart.  What a very mighty woman.  I wonder how God came to choose her of all the people on earth. 

Application:  I feel that every mother is chosen specifically by God to bear each child with which they are blessed.  I may not have a child conceived of the Holy Spirit but it is still a child of God's.  There are times when I feel wholly inadequate and I wonder if Mary did too. 

Prayer:  God, I pray that I am thankful for the conception of this child and that it is a child of Yours lent to me for a certain amount of time to make a difference for You.  I am thankful to have a husband who loves me even on my bad days.  I am thankful for Mary and Joseph and their willing hearts.  I am thankful for their courage and strength and pray that Adam and I will have the same to get us through the coming months and years.  I am thankful for today and all that you have blessed us with.  In Your Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment